Lauren Christy (born 1968) is a British singer, songwriter and record producer. Originally a solo artist, she found success as part of the writing production trio the Matrix. The Matrix received numerous Grammy nominations including best producer.
By age nineteen, Christy had become a solo recording artist. She was signed to EMI Publishing and achieved a recording contract with Polygram Mercury records. In 1994, she received an American Music Awards nomination for Best New Artist. Her song "The Color of the Night" for the film Color of Night also garnered her a Golden Globe nomination for Best Song in an Original Motion Picture.
Five years later, Christy moved into production as co-creator of the Matrix. Alongside creative partners, Christy's then-husband Graham Edwards and Scott Spock, the trio wrote and produced Avril Lavigne's debut album Let Go which included three international number one hits – "Complicated", "Sk8er Boi" and "I'm With You" – selling 20 million copies. "Complicated" led to the Matrix trio winning the Ivor Novello Award for International Hit of the Year, and they garnered seven Grammy nominations – including Song of the Year in 2003 for "Complicated" and again in 2004 for "I'm With You" along with Producer of the Year. Christy is also a two-time Juno award winner and a BMI Songwriter of the Year Award recipient.
Her solo songwriting work includes Enrique Iglesias's "Tonight I'm Loving You", Kelly Clarkson's "I Forgive You", Jason Derulo's "Breathing"; Leona Lewis' "Your Hallelujah"; Ricky Martin's "Liar"; Chris Brown's "Time For Love"'; Jamie Foxx's "Baby's In Love"; Dua Lipa's "Blow Your Mind Mwah"; and Bebe Rexha's "I Got You" and "Busted".
In 2016, she gained further recognition with her credits on G Eazy and Bebe Rexha's "Me, Myself and I". Christy has written Iggy Azalea's first single "Team" that was released on 18 March 2016, as well as winner of The Voice Jordan Smith's first single "Stand in the Light".
- Soundtrack appearances
- "The Color of the Night", from Color of Night (1994)
- "Breed", from Batman & Robin (1997)
- "Walk This Earth Alone", from Great Expectations (1998)
- "My Spot in the World", from 102 Dalmatians (2000)
- John, Palisano (18 March 2016). "Where Are The Female Music Producers?". Cuepoint.
- Seida, Linda. "Biography: Lauren Christy". AllMusic. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- "Lauren Christy, 'Me, Myself & I' Writer, Signs With Reservoir: Exclusive". Billboard.
- "Bebe Rexha Compares Music Collaborations To Speed Dating ::Bebe Rexha News ::antiMusic.com". www.antimusic.com.
- Grammy nominee Archived 7 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- Korn The Nothing album liner